Upcoming Community Events:
- May 13th: The Carlyle Farmers Market is Back!! Location Will Be At Carlyle VFW 4-7PM every last Friday of the month!
- May 15th: The Clinton County Ceo Program Trade Show Will Be at Hidden Lake Winery in Aviston from 1-4 PM
- May 20th & 21st: IHSA Bass Fishing Finals at Carlyle Lake
- May 28th: Opening Day of Carlyle City Pool!
- June 3rd & 4th: Carlyle Street Fair 4PM – 11:45 PM
- June 11th: Touch A Truck Event Here at K & J Chevrolet!!
- June 23rd: Designer Bag Bingo At Breese Legion. Doors Open at 6 & Bingo Will Begin At 7
- July 2nd: 4th of July Fireworks at Carlyle Lake – Beginning at 9:00 PM
- July 17th – July 23rd: Clinton County Fair!!
K & J Chevrolet’s New Faces!!
Effective Date: May Through August 31st 2022
Consumers have the option of completing a printed rebate form or the online pre-qualification rebate form at www.mycertifiedservicerebates.com. For online submissions, the customer is required to upload the repair order (they do not have to mail anything in). For mail-in, the customer is required to include a copy of the repair order with their mail-in submission materials. See rebate form for complete details. The rebate form and a copy of the repair order must be received at the rebate processing center by September 30, 2022, for the rebate to be considered eligible.
Excludes Saab, Chevrolet Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks, GM Medium, Heavy Duty Truck transmissions.
Excludes Chevrolet Performance engines and transmissions.
REQUIREMENT: All parts MUST be GM Genuine Parts or ACDelco parts (e.g. including fluids, engine oil, transmission fluid, engine mounts, transmission mounts, spark plugs, radiator hoses, fuel filters, antifreeze, oil filter, etc.) to be eligible for this offer. Aftermarket parts and/or fluids cannot be utilized. Dealers who offer this rebate to a customer and do not meet this requirement will be responsible for funding the $200 rebate.
Our K & J Chevrolet P.A.L.’S event was a hit!! We had such a great time hosting Carlyle & Central High School!! This WILL be becoming an annual gig that we will continue to host for surrounding county schools. Please keep an eye out for these events to start up again in September!!
Our K & J Fam Updates!!
An extended & huge Congratulations to our parts manager Tyler & his wife Clarissa on the arrival of their twin boys, Emerson & Jameson!! They are living dolls & we surely enjoyed the cuddles from them both this week on their 1st visit to the dealership!!
Clinton County CEO Program
K & J would like to wish the Breese Central Cougar Bass Fishing Team Good Luck as They Are Now State Bound!! Woo Hoo!! WAY TO GO BOYS!!
K & J CHEVROLET’S MAY MEMORIAL DAY SPECIAL!!
Get $500 Off When You Pre-Order A Vehicle With Us – Terms & Conditions Apply!!
Summer is here & It’s time for a vacation… therefore we wanted to take the time and make a car care & a summer emergency car kit check list, so you AND your vehicle are both prepared for your summer road trip! We’ve got you covered below!
Car Care Checklist
- Check Tires & Tire Pressure
- Listen To & Feel The Brakes
- Secure & Test The Battery
- Test Your Exterior Lights
- Top Off Engine Oil & Other Fluids
- Replace Wiper Blades & Replenish Windshield Cleaner
- Check Belts & Hoses
- Make Sure Your AC Is Running Cool
- Replenish Emergency Kit Supplies
- Plan Ahead For Vehicle Service By Getting A Seasonal Inspection
Summer Car Emergency Kit
- Water: Hydration Is Key especially on a hot day!
- Visibility Equipment: make sure to have flares or reflective hazard triangles incase of roadside trouble.
- A Blanket: You may not need a blanket to stay warm, but you can use a reflective emergency blanket for shade!!
- Small Tool Kit: include an adjustable wrench, some duct tape, a couple of screw drivers & pliers – you never know when a simple tool might help to get you back on the road!
- First Aid Kit: Include some ointment, gauze, bandages, adhesive tape, tweezers and incase you have any life – threatening allergies, an EpiPen!
- Sunscreen: Incase you’re stuck in the sun!
- Phone Charger: Because the last thing you need when stranded is for your phone to die!
- Tire Sealant & Gauge: You may be able to stop a flat tire before it happens with tire sealant & you’ll need a tire gauge to make sure that your tires are properly inflated!
- Jumper Cables: These come in handy throughout the entire year! Not just during the winter but, before using make sure that you know how to jump a car safely!
- Last but not least…Snacks: Because… why not?
A Sweet Summertime Recipe That We’d Like to Pass Along For Some Of Our Favorite People To Enjoy:
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 pints strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls into 8 mounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries, orange juice and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl; toss gently. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Place bottom halves on serving plates; top with whipped topping and strawberries. Replace shortcake tops.
1 each: 261 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.