Upcoming Community Events 📅
- September 30th: Farmers Market at Carlyle VFW 5 – 7:30 PM
- October 1st: We will begin our Feed The Pumpkin food drive here at K&J!! Bring in a canned good donation and pick up a complimentary pumpkin when you donate!! 🎃
- We will be holding a pumpkin contest for the kids in October ~ Keep an eye out for our announcement!!
- Pick Of The Patch: October 15th 9-5 at Carlyle Dam West
- Haunted Trail: October 21st & 22nd 6:30 – 10 Beginning at The Dam West Boat Ramp
- October 28th: Business Trick or Treat
- October 29th: Halloween Hustle 5k & Fun Run 8-11 AM at Dam West Recreation Area
- October 31st: Trick or Treat 6-8 PM 👻
- K&J Will Be Holding a Coat, Hat, & Glove Drive – Dates To Be Determined!
- November 25th: Christmas Parade & Fireworks – Lighting of Christmas Tree Lights 5-11 PM 🎄
What’s New at K & J?!
Bryan Wessel is retiring at the end of September after 19 years with us! We would like to wish him a Happy Retirement & a big Congratulations on reaching this milestone! Bryan – we are wishing you all of the best in your new chapter ahead of you!! 🎉🍾
Office Manager: Cait Milligan!
Cait is originally from Springfield but now resides in Aviston! In her spare time, she loves hanging out with family & friends along with her Golden doodles Paisley & Murphy! She also loves to Travel! Her favorite place she has traveled to is St. Croix Virgin Islands. Her favorite food varies between pasta & Mexican! 🍝
Service Tech: James Martin!
James is originally from St. Louis Missouri and now resides in New Baden. For fun James loves to sing Karaoke! His favorite song to sing is “Ain’t That a Kick in The Head” by Dean Martin. He also enjoys cooking & relaxing with his wife & dog, Connie! 🎤
You Can Now Order Your Parts Through Our Website! Here Is The Link To Get Started: Order Genuine Chevrolet Parts | near St. Louis, MO (kandjchevrolet.com) Shipping is free when you have them delivered to our store! 📦
Chevrolet’s Industrial Evolution! Check Out The Equinox, Silverado, & Blazer EV’s! 🚗
The 2024 Chevy Equinox EV will be offered in the standard 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT trim levels. For customers who want something a bit sportier though, there’s the Equinox EV 2RS. The electronic crossover utility vehicle will begin on dealer lots Fall 2023!
The first 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EVs will be the work truck model. The Silverado EV will have a 5 foot, 11-inch bed, independent suspension and either two or four motors. Key features of the electric work truck will be: 8,000-pound towing capacity, 1,200 – pound payload, 510 horsepower, & 615 pound-feet of torque. The charging ability – up to 350 kW or 800 volts will allow drivers to add 100 miles range in 10 minutes.
Blazer EV is the complete package with style, performance and technology. Available in multiple trims, colors and battery ranges, this daring new all-electric midsize SUV is built from the ground up around the game changing battery platform. Blazer EV offers a GM-estimated range of up to 247–320 miles on a full charge. The 1LT, 2LT, & RS will begin availability Summer of 2023 while the SS will be available starting in the Fall of 2023.
🍂 October is fall car care month & the best time to get your vehicle serviced before the harsh winter weather! After all, who wants to break down in the miserable cold?! We have put together a list of the top things that you can do to observe the car care month & make your vehicle winter ready! 👇
- Check Your Cars Battery
- Ensure your braking system is working properly
- Check Your Vehicles Fluids
- Inspect Your Tires
- Check Your Wipers & Headlights
- Visit a car wash near you! We would recommend once a week to keep any harsh contaminant’s off of your cars body!!
- Make sure to make yourself a winter car kit!! Some essentials to make sure you have included: Jumper Cables, Flashlights, Snow scraper, a bag of road salt, a good snow shovel, hand & foot warmers, warm clothes & blankets, food with a long shelf life, road flares, cell phone chargers, tire chains, a small toolkit, spare wiper blades, and a good first aid kit!
- Did you know that there are apps that convert your phone to a walkie-talkie, where you can call for help, even when you’re out of cell range? Another must have is a good weather app to get up-to-date details on weather conditions according to your GPS location. There are apps for helping you find parking to simulating driving in winter traffic. Do some research and find out what apps to download before hitting the road. 🤳
We hope the tips mentioned in this blog make your driving partner ready for the winter days that are coming!! 🌨️❄️
A Couple Of Recipes From Us To You For Football & Feel Good Fall Baking! 🏈
- 1 lb sausage
- 16- oz sour cream
- 8- oz Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes or shredded
- 4- oz muenster cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat. In a large bowl, mix together sausage and remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for 24 cupcakes; cool completely.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples and brown sugar; cook and stir until apples are tender, 10-12 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Using a paring knife, cut a 1-in.-wide cone-shaped piece from top of each cupcake; discard removed portion. Fill cavity with apple mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the 5 frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. If desired, top with apple slices to serve.